Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Celebrating one month of France!

Well people! We've made it through the first month! Only 6 more to go... and that somehow doesn't feel like a lot. Which is a good thing, I guess. I already feel the time is going to fly by.

How to reflect on what has happened so far? Well, physical changes are the most obvious- summer has most definitely turned into fall. Even as I write a wet rainy-snow mix is falling outside and really deterring me from doing anything that involves going outside today! The past few days have been cold- and so cloudy that the surrounding mountains disappear behind a curtain of fog and for a moment you forget that you live in the mountains. The passing of seasons, the passing of time... it's all kind of weird and twisted. And when I think about what I was doing this time last year... writing papers, going to rehearsals, etc. That all seems so far away!

After a month, I have developed a feeling of "home" (compared to that scared shitless feeling that was more dominant in the beginning). Walking down the street you begin to notice the same people on your daily route to and from work. You're not so much a visitor or stranger, but beginning to blend in with the locals and the general scenery. But I'm not getting tired of it- I still look out the window every morning, take a deep breath and am truly thankful for the beauty that is around me and how lucky I am to be here!

How will I celebrate? Well, by doing what I've been doing all along. Living and enjoying. I have choir again tonight, which I'm looking forward to and then before you know it I'll be packing my bag for les vacances de Toussaint!

No comments:

Post a Comment