Saturday, September 1, 2012

Look back on summer

I've really slacked on the whole blogging scene this summer... and now it has pretty much come to a close just as a new adventure has arrived!  I have arrived and settled even further north, to Finland, for a semester long ERASMUS exchange in the student city of Turku.  The program will be the same as what I'm studying in Riga (Baltic Sea Region Studies), but here's hoping that it will be a bit more challenging than what I've had so far!  In either case, I'm SO excited to get to see another part of this beautiful world.  But for now, here's a look back on Summer 2012, from Summer Solstice to ... now!  And I promise the next post will be about my new digs!


(Summer Solstice, Liepupe)





 (Celebrating the sun during summer solstice)

***********


 (A quick trip to Vienna, Austria to celebrate summer solstice with local Latvians!)

***********

 (Look who came to town?  First time in Riga for those two!)

***********







(Festival Baltica 2012 was an absolute blast- got to play with the Cripple Creek Cloggers)

(Playing for CCC from Tennessee!)

************



(Summertime is not complete without a trip to the family house and many visits from distant relative and friends)




(Grandparents!)

*************


(This picture does not do justice to the great time had at Positivus Festival in Salacgrīva, such great music!)


**************


(3x3 camp in Kandava was exciting and very fulfilling- here are some of my best pictures)

(We got to sing a lot too, Re!Pats! with some guest members)

************


(A fun trip with Santa, Madara and Karlīne to see the Prāta Vētra concert in Valmiera)

(Some of the best and consistent performers ever)

************


(Not over yet!  A trip to Zvārdes pagasts for 2x2Kocēni.  Draudzība=Friendship)





(Jūlija and I leading a discussion about Latvians abroad and our connection to the homeland)

(What an amazing crew!)

************

 (The Lady Gaga concert in Mežaparks was epic!)

(One last gig in Ala before my time away... Copyright Ala Folkklubs)

(Saying final goodbyes with Davis and Jūlija)



No comments:

Post a Comment